Diabetes is one of the most prevalent health conditions that is affecting millions of people all around the world. There are still researches going on worldwide to find out ways or medicines that could reverse this medical condition without causing any side effects to the affected person. However, you can keep your untimely fluctuations of your blood sugar in check. Managing diabetes is sure a challenge, but it is not impossible. One of the most efficient ways to do so is practising Everyday Ayurveda.
Here are some Ayurvedic tips that can help you harness your elevated blood sugar levels:
- Turmeric Intake: Made from the roots of a herb of the ginger family, turmeric has been used in Indian and Chinese medicines for centuries. Turmeric has been known to improve digestion and enhance liver function; which helps in lowering elevated blood sugar levels. Adding adequate amount of turmeric to your diet can help you manage diabetes.
- Drinking Water From A Copper Vessel: Ayurveda puts emphasis on three fundamental doshas, namely Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. The state of perfect balance between these doshas represents good health. Since the early days of civilization, the practice of drinking water from a copper vessel has been considered beneficial for the entire functioning of the body. It helps keep a balance between all the doshas. So, storing water in a copper vessel overnight and drinking it in the morning is another Ayurvedic way to keep your diabetes in control.
- Bitter Is The New Sweet: It has been found that the intake of bitter foods also helps in keeping sugar levels in balance. Therefore, aside from abstaining from sweets, diabetics should also add more and more bitter-tasting ingredients like amala, aloe vera, hemp seeds, etc. to their diet plan.
- Methi Dana Treatment: Another Ayurvedic way to manage diabetes is the consumption of methi dana. Diabetics should make it a habit to consume methi dana sprouts right after they wake up in the morning.
- No To Dairy Products: Diabetics should strictly avoid dairy products. Instead, go for less fatty foods like skimmed milk, low-calorie yogurt, etc. Ginger tea is a life-saver for diabetes patients as it helps in make digestion better.
These are just a handful of Ayurvedic tips to keep diabetes in control. Ayurveda has much more to offer. There are companies like Mountain Biologicals that make quality Ayurvedic products and encourage people to embrace everyday Ayurveda as a part of our daily lives. We hope you found the article helpful. Feel free to share your thoughts and queries with us.